By engaging to rent Night View Studios (herein after referred to as “NVS”) you, the undersigned (herein referred to as the “Renter”), hereby state that you have read, fully understand and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
- Payment: Renter will provide full payment for all reservations of studio space in US funds. Renter’s date will not be held until this payment is received and cleared. Payment is not refunded unless notice of cancellation is made at least 72 hours before Renter’s reservation date (Renter will receive a full refund if cancellations occurs prior to 72 hours before the reserved date). If NVS must cancel Renter’s reservation, Renter will receive a full refund. Payment for Renter’s rental must be received before Renter’s reserved time begins. NVS reserves the right to refuse reservations at its sole discretion.
- Length of Use: Hourly rental periods are 60 minutes. Half day rental periods are 6 hours. Full day rental periods are 12 hours. Studio clean up must be completed by the end of the rental period. If the studio is not satisfactorily returned to the state it was prior to the rental period, a clean-up fee will be assessed as per the current NVS rate sheet. Overtime will be calculated in increments of 15 minutes beyond the contracted end-time of the rental period when renter is either still using or cleaning up the studio space. Overtime fees will be assessed as per NVS rate sheet. Do not arrive late – Renter’s rental time begins promptly at the designated starting time and ends promptly at the designated ending time. There will be NO exceptions.
- Equipment: NVS agrees to provide equipment in good working order but makes no special guarantees as to said equipment’s functionality or suitability to Renter’s purposes. NVS is not liable for acts out of its control that affect the shoot, such as power outages, weather or emergencies. In such cases, NVS will refund a prorated portion of Renter’s payment.
- Arbitration: If the parties are unable to resolve any controversy or claim arising under this Agreement, they agree to submit the dispute or claim to binding arbitration subject to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. This arbitration will take place in North Hollywood, California. The parties further agree that any such controversy or claim shall be submitted to one arbitrator selected from the panels of arbitrators of the American Arbitration Association, that they will faithfully observe this agreement and the Rules, and that they will abide by and perform any award rendered by the arbitrator, and that a judgment of the court having jurisdiction may be entered on the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may refuse to arbitrate when the dispute is for a sum less than $200.
- Miscellany: This Agreement incorporates the entire understanding and agreement between the Client and NVS. Any modifications of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties. Any waiver of a breach or default hereunder shall not be deemed a waiver of a subsequent breach or default of either the same provision or any other provision of this Agreement. The laws of the State of California shall govern this Agreement. The parties have read both this entire Agreement, agree to all its terms, and acknowledge receipt of a complete copy of the Agreement signed by both parties. Each person signing as Client below shall be fully responsible for ensuring that full payment is made pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.